Friday, December 26, 2008

Now, it's time to talk to Mother.

Well, I came out to my sister, and though on the surface she's taking it well, I think it's going to hit her a little while later the full implications of what I've told her.

I've made sure to emphasize that I always want her to feel like she can ask me anything and I'll be happy to answer the best that I can. The only question she asked me was "So what kinda guys are you attracted to?"

Hahaha, that's still a bit awkward for me to talk about, but I did my best to answer, and she just said "it just occured to me that we could talk about boys".

Weird.

Anyway, it's all good I guess. I think the funniest thing was that she said "Really?" and "For real?" when I said I was gay. I had to re-iterate three times before she simply shrugged "okay".

Not how I envisioned it, but it's all right I suppose.

Anyway, we've been doing some after-Christmas shopping around St. George today and trying to pick up good deals on Christmas crap for next year. It's been fun, but I do wish she'd talk to me a little bit more concerning my sexuality. I know she's got to be thinking about it.

Or maybe I'm just completely self-absorbed.

Well, be sure to pass this journal/blog around to all of your mohomies--I'd love to get some readers, because it'd almost definately motivate me to keep writing.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEW YEARS PARTY AT SCOTT'S HOUSE!!! See you all there, my Moho's!

2 comments:

  1. I think you may be surprised at how much of a non-issue it is with some people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Chedner Said.

    Thanks for the comments too!

    I have had similar situations where i have told a friend and we just don't really talk about it. They don't mind but i'm not sure if they really accept it or not. But luckily i have some great friends who i can talk to about it! Dreading telling my family, i almost hope they don't ask about it too much :-p

    Good luck with telling your mum, hope it all went well. An also good luck on the new relationship potential i hope you get what your looking for. Happy new Year!

    ReplyDelete